What are your top 5 video game characters you'd most like to go for a beer with?

The question that I’m sure is on everyone lips and one I’ll try to answer bellow, in no particular order!

1. Arthur Morgan - Red Dead Redemption 2.
    He’s the perfect mix of tough and cheerful. I’m sure we all remember that wonderful mission from Red Dead 2, stumbling around the bar searching for Lenny while bursting in on couples and creating one hell of a scene. I for one, would love to recreate that!

2. Ghandi - Civilisation series.
    Bare with me. If anyone has played the game, you’ll know Ghandi might look innocent but more often than not, he’s got some sort of plan up his sleeve. That’s exactly what I need on a night out. If worst comes to worst, I can sit back and listen to his informative ramblings on society. Win win.

3. Captain Price - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Picture it, you’re in the nook of an old Irish pub. There’s a peat fire at your back and 12 empty Guinness glasses on the table. To your left, Captain Price is staring into your eyes, barely phased by the copious amount of stout he’s consumed. You’re going to hear some sh*t.

4. Dionysus - Hades.
    The god of wine and madness. Need I say more?

5. Handsome Jack - Borderlands 2.
    A wildcard. Plain and simple. Take 13 shots and see what happens.

1 Like

I am going to have to go with Kratos. He would have some crazy stories to tell. Nathan Drake or Sully from Uncharted would share all of their amazing adventures traveling the world. Also going to include Conker since he would be a wiseass but a fun drunk.

1 Like
  1. Max Payne. We’ll both end up discussing how painful existence is and it’ll probably be one sad night but at least the way he talks about exceedingly sad topics is kinda funny, lol.
  2. Andrew Ryan (BioShock). I recently started replaying BioShock and damn, I didn’t remember it being this good. Ryan is definitely one of my favourite characters of all time and his philosophy is one I really respect.
  3. Cass (Fallout New Vegas). She’ll probably prefer whiskey but drinking with her will be one fine night, I’m sure. As long as I don’t make her too annoyed, that is. I love the way she talks and she definitely has some cool stories to tell and one hell of a way of telling them.
  4. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life). Science is one of my favourite subjects and who’s better to talk about it than a theoretical physicist?
  5. Goro Majima (Yakuza). Drinking with the Lord of the Night himself. That’ll be one hell of a night.
1 Like
  1. Niko Bellic (Grand Theft Auto). If you’ve played GTA IV, you know the insane, drunken bedlam after Niko gets a few drinks in him.

2. Murray (Sly Cooper). Having a drink with the big lug Murray is probably like drinking with Ringo Starr. He’s the comic relief of the group who can tell me stories about him and the rest of the Cooper gang, a childhood dream to fill in the adventures not explicitly detailed in the games they mention in passing.

3. Sasha Nein (Psychonauts). Sasha always struck me as an intelligent, easygoing guy, and his stoic, deadpan sense of humor has always made me chuckle.

4. Soda Popinski (Punch-Out!!). Technically, he’d probably only drink soda, which wouldn’t be a dealbreaker. As long as he doesn’t turn it into a competition (that I’d lose in a heartbeat), watching the Ruskie down a truckload of pop bottles would be a marvelous spectacle. He probably wouldn’t even feel the urge to pee afterward.

5. Captain Falcon (F-Zero). Nintendo doesn’t showcase much of a personality for the futuristic racer, but say the phrase, “I’m having a beer with Captain Falcon,” and tell me it doesn’t sound like the coolest thing you’ve ever said.

1 Like
  1. Zagreus from Hades is definitely my first choice. Hades continues to be my favorite game of all time. We could have quite a few beers and complain our chaotic families. Plus, I’d get to meet Cerberus. Wins all around.

2. I would love to drink with Fane from Divinity II. I had a great time playing the character, I like his attitude and he’s eternal, so he’ll never run out of stories to tell.

3. I really loved Children of Morta and a drink with the grandma would be fun. I just can imagine she has a lot of fun stories about learning magic and the way that the world was when she was young.

4. Brock was my favorite character in God of War. You can’t tell me that sitting in a bar and listening to him ramble on about literally anything wouldn’t be the time of your life.

5. Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer might also be fun to spend time with. She seems like she would just be really chill and whatever conversation you had would be pleasant. One of those people that when you hang out with them you always have a good time.

1 Like